Please submit a CV or direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for postdoctoral, junior, and senior scientists to join the Biotechnology High Performance Computing Software Applications Institute (BHSAI). These openings are for dynamic scientists with an interest in working in an interdisciplinary environment with a focus on the development and application of computational solutions to biomedical problems. The BHSAI seeks scientists interested in bioinformatics, computational chemistry, predictive toxicology and pharmacology modeling, systems biology, signal processing of time-series physiological data, data mining, data-driven and physiology-based models, and artificial intelligence. Candidates should have a Ph.D. in a related discipline and a strong publication record. Experience in high-performance computing is a plus. Candidates are expected to simultaneously work on multiple projects with a diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists across multiple laboratories. These positions are located in Frederick, MD.
Research topics include the following:
- Systems biology approaches to study wound healing, coagulation, and pulmonary health
- Genome-wide association studies
- Computational drug design, including predictive toxicology and pharmacology modeling
- Analysis and integration of large-scale biological protein-protein interaction networks with biomedical data
- Modeling and integration of metabolic networks with signaling and transcriptional networks
- Develop algorithms that are predictive for an individual's future physiological state
- Specific modeling of blood glucose levels and sleep/alertness states
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation (HJF) is looking for entry to mid-level Software Developers to join the U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command's Biotechnology High Performance Computing Software Applications Institute (BHSAI). HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to the BHSAI.
Requirements: The software developer will be responsible for developing and maintaining software applications. The requirements include:
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline
- Object oriented analysis and design (OOAD)
- Hands on experience in Java/J2EE with knowledge of one or more of servlets, JavaServer Pages (JSP), or JavaServer Faces (JSF)
- Relational database management system (RDBMS) concepts and SQL
Additional skills desired but not mandatory:
- Hands on experience with Eclipse, Liferay Portal, Tomcat, Oracle, and Hibernate
- Knowledge of C/C++, Perl, Python, or PHP
IT Help Desk Support Technician
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation (HJF) is looking for an IT Help Desk Support Technician to join the U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command's Biotechnology High Performance Computing Software Applications Institute (BHSAI). HFJ provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to the BHSAI. The IT help desk support technician will help maintain the BHSAI network of Windows and Linux systems. This position is located in Frederick, MD.
Work will be performed in a bioinformatics research environment, ensuring that our scientists have the tools they need to accomplish their work. An ideal candidate is one who takes personal responsibility for the systems and networks under their control, pays attention to details, proposes and implements improvements before problems arise (including purchasing recommendations), and enjoys learning new skills and technologies.
The basic requirements are:
- Problem-solving ability: you enjoy helping people with routine computer problems, figuring out solutions to new problems, and sharing your knowledge with other team members.
- Hardware and basic networking knowledge: building computers from parts, updating and configuring BIOS, setting up printers and copiers, wiring physical networks, configuring IP settings, etc.
- Linux and Windows familiarity: you are comfortable using both environments, performing simple tasks like software installation, and keeping systems updated. On the Windows side, you should be familiar with the Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Documentation and inventory tracking: you know how to document procedures and processes, and how to keep track of hardware and software.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following additional experience:
- Database administration (MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle).
- Backups and disaster recovery.
- Automating system configuration through Puppet, maintaining the configuration files in Git or another version control system, and monitoring performance with Zabbix.
- Some programming/scripting experience in both *nix and Windows.
Minimum Education/Training Experience: High school diploma with a preference for bachelor's degree in computer science.
Minimum Experience: At least 2 years of hands on experience in IT help desk support role.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalent, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.
Foreign nationals (OPT, H1B, permanent residents) and U.S. citizens are welcome to apply.
HJF administers innovative medical research, supports education and training, and facilitates collaborations between the military and private medical communities. We provide comprehensive management and scientific services for more than 1,000 basic, clinical and applied research projects conducted around the globe. We also support continuing medical education programs for more than 160 military medical research and treatment facilities, and military medical organizations. AA/EEO
For a comprehensive list of our benefits, please visit: http://www.hjf.org/guide/hr/benefits.html