Scientists[Apply at HJF]
We are looking for postdoctoral, junior, and senior scientists to join the Biotechnology High Performance Computing Software Applications Institute (BHSAI). These openings are for dynamic scientists with an interest in working in an interdisciplinary environment with a focus on the development and application of computational solutions to biomedical problems. The BHSAI seeks scientists interested in bioinformatics, computational chemistry, predictive toxicology and pharmacology modeling, systems biology, signal processing of time-series physiological data, data mining, data-driven and physiology-based models, and artificial intelligence. Candidates should have a Ph.D. in a related discipline and a strong publication record. Experience in high-performance computing is a plus. Candidates are expected to simultaneously work on multiple projects with a diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists across multiple laboratories. These positions are located in Frederick, MD.
Research topics include the following:
- Systems biology approaches to study wound healing, coagulation, and pulmonary health
- Genome-wide association studies
- Computational drug design, including predictive toxicology and pharmacology modeling
- Analysis and integration of large-scale biological protein-protein interaction networks with biomedical data
- Modeling and integration of metabolic networks with signaling and transcriptional networks
- Develop algorithms that are predictive for an individual's future physiological state
- Specific modeling of blood glucose levels and sleep/alertness states
Foreign nationals (OPT, H1B, permanent residents) and U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply. A background requirement is that the employee must have lived in the U.S. for three of the last five years. These positions are located in Frederick, Maryland.
HJF administers innovative medical research, supports education and training, and facilitates collaborations between the military and private medical communities. We provide comprehensive management and scientific services for more than 1,000 basic, clinical and applied research projects conducted around the globe. We also support continuing medical education programs for more than 160 military medical research and treatment facilities, and military medical organizations. AA/EEO
For a comprehensive list of our benefits, please visit: https://guide.hjf.org/hr/benefits.html/