Please submit a CV or direct any questions to email@example.com.
We are looking for postdoctoral, junior, and senior scientists to join the Biotechnology High Performance Computing Software Applications Institute (BHSAI). These openings are for dynamic scientists with an interest in working in an interdisciplinary environment with a focus on the development and application of computational solutions to biomedical problems. The BHSAI seeks scientists interested in bioinformatics, computational chemistry, predictive toxicology and pharmacology modeling, systems biology, signal processing of time-series physiological data, data mining, data-driven and physiology-based models, and artificial intelligence. Candidates should have a Ph.D. in a related discipline and a strong publication record. Experience in high-performance computing is a plus. Candidates are expected to simultaneously work on multiple projects with a diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists across multiple laboratories. These positions are located in Frederick, MD.
Research topics include the following:
- Systems biology approaches to study wound healing, coagulation, and pulmonary health
- Genome-wide association studies
- Computational drug design, including predictive toxicology and pharmacology modeling
- Analysis and integration of large-scale biological protein-protein interaction networks with biomedical data
- Modeling and integration of metabolic networks with signaling and transcriptional networks
- Develop algorithms that are predictive for an individual's future physiological state
- Specific modeling of blood glucose levels and sleep/alertness states
We are looking for a Software Developer to join the BHSAI. The software developer will create and maintain a wide variety of software solutions to support life science research areas. We make many of these software solutions publicly available (bhsai.org/software). Because the work and technologies involved vary from project to project, we look for candidates with expertise and interests in a broad range of areas, from systems programming to web and mobile app development. Expertise in designing databases and web-based user interfaces is highly desirable.
The minimum requirements for the software developer position are as follows:
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Expertise in one or more programming languages, such as C/C++ or Java
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language, such as Python or Ruby
- Understanding of relational database concepts and SQL
- Hands-on experience in professional or open source software development in one or more of the following areas: web, mobile, real-time systems, and graphical user interfaces
The following skills and experience are desired:
- Hands on experience in designing databases and web-based user interfaces
- Knowledge of Spring and Hibernate
- Experience using a source code version control system, such as Git
- Knowledge of DevOps, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux system administration
Foreign nationals (OPT, H1B, permanent residents) and U.S. citizens are welcome to apply. A background requirement is that the employee must have lived in the U.S. for three of the last five years.
HJF administers innovative medical research, supports education and training, and facilitates collaborations between the military and private medical communities. We provide comprehensive management and scientific services for more than 1,000 basic, clinical and applied research projects conducted around the globe. We also support continuing medical education programs for more than 160 military medical research and treatment facilities, and military medical organizations. AA/EEO
For a comprehensive list of our benefits, please visit: http://www.hjf.org/guide/hr/benefits.html